Indian nurseries have been using
plastics in the form of soil
solarisation, nursery bags,
protrays, plug trays, crates, hanging
baskets, sprayers, mini & micro
sprinklers, drip irrigation system with
foggers & misters, low tunnel,
shadenet house, greenhouse etc to
develop quality seedlings, saplings,
hardening of tissue culture plants and
grafts. Today nurseries have been
registered both in private and public
d oma i n s i n c l u d i n g v a r i o u s
agricultural universities, research and
- Use of plastics media helps to
produce quality seedlings, grafts
- Better & early germination with
- Enable round the year nursery of
- Helps to raise early & healthy
saplings for off-season crops.
- Easy to handle, store, transplant
- Reduces labour costs.
- Intensity of sunlight.