Plastics film lining has proved to be an effective tool
against seepage in canals, ponds and reservoirs. It also
avoids depletion of stored water used for drinking &
irrigation purpose. It is an effective and economic method to
harvest rain water for supplementary irrigation, pisciculture,
livestock and other domestic purposes.
- Reduction in seepage losses up to 100%.
- Lining of ponds and reservoirs with plastics film improves
water availability over a longer period of time.
- Utilization of harvested rain-water helps irrigation for shortduration
and off season crops.
- Prevents soil erosion.
- Highly useful in porous soils where water retention in ponds
and water harvesting tanks is minimal.
- Economic and effective method of storing water.
- Eliminates water logging and prevents upward intrusion of
salts into stored water.
- Useful for storage of drinking water, pisciculture and
provides supplementary irrigation.